Are Bodyform’s pads and panty liners safe to use?
All SCA´s hygiene products are safe to use for their intended purposes and contain common materials that have been safely used in a wide range of absorbent hygiene products over many years by millions of women globally. Raw materials are generally chosen for their ability to absorb and retain fluids, to avoid leakage and to provide comfort.
In addition, we collaborate with EDANA, the international trade association for the nonwovens and related industries, to ensure we comply with the highest environmental and product safety standards. Edanas’ members have voluntarily committed themselves to high levels of quality and safety of absorbent hygiene products.
Are all materials used in pads and panty liners declared on the pack?
This is currently not legally required. To help our consumers we declare if perfume has been added so that people who are sensitive to it are alerted.
The table below shows the main raw materials in the products. The are selected because of their superior ability to absorb and retain liquids.
Contents SCA pads, tampons and panty liners Europe
- Renewable paper pulp: Pulp made of wood fiber from responsibly managed forests. The pulp is used in our pads and panty liners.
- Viscose fibers (where relevant as related to tampons):Wood fibers with a structure similar to cotton. They are used in our tampons, and are also commonly used in textile products such as shirts, dresses and linings.
- Fiber material (non-woven): A thin, textile-like material. The term is used in the textile industry for materials that are neither woven nor knitted, such as felt.
- Polymers : Large-chain molecules that can be either natural or synthetic. For instance, plastic as well as your DNA consist of polymers.
- Polypropene/polyethylene/polyester: Some of the world's most common plastic types. Used in a wide range of everyday products, from underwear to blankets.
- Superabsorbent polymer (SAP): Used for its moisture-retaining ability. Commonly used in pads, diapers and compresses.
- Synthetic resin: Viscous liquids that harden quickly, making them ideal for binding together materials.