These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your information.
1. Promoter: Essity UK Ltd, Southfields Road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire LU6 3EJ.
2. Who can enter: The competition is open to all students in full or parttime education in the UK aged 18 and over, excluding Essity employees, their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or "step" family), agencies or any third party directly associated with the promotion.
3. By entering the competition, participants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter.
4. Promotional Period: The competition opens on 9th September 2019 and closes at 23:59 on 10th November 2019.
5. How to enter: Submit a creative pitch for a garment/item that celebrates the diversity of women and vulvas, and that embraces body positivity. Entries must be unique, impactful, exciting and innovative.
Your entry must include and demonstrate the following:
i) Creativity of idea: Submit a document with sketches and/or computer-generated graphics and a description (include a creative rationale, choice materials and outline your vision) of your garment/item. Maximum 1,000 words and a maximum of 5 PDF pages.
ii) Supporting Materials: Should include material selection and mood board, colour palette and, if applicable and relevant, any previous work (maximum 5 PDF pages).
iii) Process (timings and budget): A timeline for completing the garment/item from 16th December 2019 to 31st January 2020, use of a budget up to £2,000, and completed release forms signed by you and your model. You do not need to use a professional model.
6. You must include all the documents (as specified in point 5) for your entry to be accepted. Email your documents as well as your name and phone number, details of your university/college, your student ID number and a scan of your student ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any additional documents or visuals submitted will not be considered in the judging process.
7. There is a limit of one entry per person to the competition. If you enter more than once, your first entry will be accepted, and all others will be disqualified.
8. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted, and we cannot accept joint submissions or collaborations.
9. Entrants and their models must not hold a criminal record and have never been charged and/or convicted of a crime, nor be currently on bail or probation, nor have any outstanding legal actions pending against them.
10. Content restrictions: We encourage participants to submit creative entries, but there are some content restrictions that must be observed. Entries which, in the Promotor's sole opinion, breach any of the following restrictions will not be accepted:
a. entries which are sexually explicit or overly suggestive (e.g., graphic nudity or pornography);
b. entries which promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
c. entries which feature violent, derogatory, profane, vulgar, indecent, racist, or cruel content, including but not limited to words or symbols that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group;
d. entries which portray the Promoter or Promoter's brands or products in any way that may give rise to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule or that defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about the Promoter or other people or companies;
e. entries which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or brand values associated with the Promoter.
11. Ownership restrictions: Please only submit your own original work. Entries cannot contain, incorporate or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction. This includes:
a. trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as on clothing, or distinctive packaging) owned by others, including the Bodyform logo;
b. copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); or
c. materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public figures, living or dead.
12. If your entry depicts individuals other than you, then:
a. please make all those depicted in the entry aware that you are submitting an entry in which they are included;
b. if requested, you must provide evidence that all depicted have agreed that you may submit such entry.
13. Winners’ Award: There are 5 winners. Each winner will receive a £2,000 fund to create their garment/item. Winners and their models will be invited to a photo shoot (location and date to be confirmed), where their winning garments/items will be photographed. The winning entries will be displayed on the Bodyform website and social channels. Travel allowance of up to £80 per winner will be available. Models must be sourced by the winners and be available for the date of the shoot. The Promoter will not provide models should the model sourced by the winner not be available.
14. It is a condition of entry that each winner use the £2,000 fund to create their garment/item by 31st January 2020. Any funds remaining from the £2,000 after the completion of the garment/item may be retained by the winner as a prize fund.
15. In the event that a winner does not create their garment/item, the Promoter reserves the right to request repayment in full of the fund.
16. Judging criteria: Creativity of idea (50%); Supporting materials (30%); Process (timings and budget) 20%.
17. Winner selection:
i: A shortlist of a minimum of 20 entries, which best meet the judging criteria, will be compiled by AMV BBDO and at least one person independent to the Promoter. If your entry is shortlisted, you may be contacted to discuss your entry further week beginning 25th November 2019. If you are contacted but do not respond within 5 days, you may forfeit your place in the shortlist.
ii: The shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel which includes at least one person independent to the Promoter.
iii: The five winners will be those participants who, in the opinion of the judging panel, best meet the judging criteria.
18. In the event of a tie between one or more entries, the participant that receives the highest score in ‘Creativity of Ideas’ will be selected as the winner. If a tie still remains, the participant that receives the highest score in ‘Supporting Materials’ will be selected as the winner; and so on.
19. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified 2nd December 2019 via email and will be asked to provide further proof of student status, and ownership of the entry.
20. Winner Claim: Winners have 5 days to accept their award. If a winner does not accept the award within this timeframe, the award will be forfeited and a back-up winner (chosen at the same time as the original) will be notified.
21. The winners will receive their funds via bank transfer within 7 days of confirmation of bank account details. This will be paid directly into the winners’ bank accounts.
22. It is the responsibility of the participants to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and/or confirming acceptance of the award for their fund to be arranged. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the winner failing to supply accurate information which affects delivery of the fund.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the award only in the event that no entries received meet the judging criteria.
24. By entering the Promotion, each participant grants the Promoter a world-wide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, publish or display (in whole or in part) any images of the design and/or garment/item, and images of the model wearing their garment/item, contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation outside of the provided bursary, in PR and online in perpetuity, and in all other media worldwide for two years from completion of the competition, plus rights to use, show or feature the garment/items in all media worldwide for two years from completion of the competition. Each Participant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
25. The Promoter will not produce and sell reproductions of the garment/item without prior agreement from the winner.
26. Participants acknowledge that other participants may submit entries that may be similar to their own, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
27. General: The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to: verify the eligibility of any participant or winner (including their student status); disqualify any participant or winner found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the competition or entering using fraudulent means, or who the Promoter believes to have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Promotion; disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf; disqualify a participant or winner who cannot prove ownership of their design.
28. Where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions award entitlement will be withdrawn and awarded to a runner up chosen at the same time as the original.
29. The award is as stated. It is not transferrable and there are no alternative awards in whole or in part. If the winner is not able for whatever reason to accept his or her award, then the Promoter reserves the right to award that award to another participant.
30. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
31. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) or multiple aliases to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of 'script', 'brute force', masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means to increase that participant's entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that person's entries will be disqualified, and any award will be void.
32. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor agencies involved with this promotion may be liable to the winner, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to participation in this promotion, or in relation to the award to the extent permissible by law. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by the Promoter for participation in any aspect of this promotion.
33. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add or to waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or to suspend or cancel the promotion at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions) with no recompense to participants.
34. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of the award, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
35. Any decision of the Promoter in respect of the Promotion is final in all promotional matters.
36. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or awards. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
37. It is a condition of entry that participants and winners (and their models) consent to their entry documents and designs being displayed on the Bodyform website and all social media sites; to take part in all publicity relating to this competition, including filming and photography, with no further recompense, within two years of completion of the competition; and give permission for any content generated in which they appear to be featured across all media channels controlled by the Promoter. Winners, participants and their models agree to comply with reasonable requests of the Promoter, and to appropriate behaviour during any filming and award fulfilment.
38. If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if we consider it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, we may elect to make available a list of the winner’s surname and county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winners list by emailing email@example.com
39. The laws of England and Wales apply to this promotion, and the English and Welsh courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.
40. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.